1043 replies to this topic

#961 Stonehouse

Stonehouse

Bliss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,528 posts
  • Interests:“I’m sorry you’re lonely.”

John winces in surprise. “Aren’t we all? We all follow you. A little group of nomads. I mean, even Ange and Qui admit to me that they’ve given up a lot to be with you—and maybe that’s what we’re all doin’. Being with you. Maybe we all love you more than we do other stuff? I don’t know. I just know we’re all a little lost. Nick drinks his sorrows away and I’m professional and Angie writes notes to her son and Qui sneaks coffee when you’re not looking. And Kelly gets out that notebook and writes until her pen seems about to go up in flames.”

“What do I do?” I ask softly.

“You sing.”

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:58 AM

John's like "Wtf go away, no pictures! Get away from my baby! Stop harassing him!"

mmmm those eyes are amazing.
roarimaraptor: i'd buy it to vomit on it
Stonehouse: bi/1
Stonehouse: (I meant) no!
roarimaraptor: ha! you just called me bi divided by 1 which makes me straight
Stonehouse: Or very gay, who knows which side you're dividing by

#962 shauna021

shauna021

free at last

• Supermod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,234 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:06 AM

I found that picture! :aph34r: It was on ebay for someone selling an autograph of something.
10,000 plus and still kickin'

#963 Plaid

Plaid

Money, Money, Money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:10 PM

I guess it's too much to hope for another John appearance at GMA this year?????

:iglitter:

#964 Stonehouse

Stonehouse

Bliss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,528 posts

John winces in surprise. “Aren’t we all? We all follow you. A little group of nomads. I mean, even Ange and Qui admit to me that they’ve given up a lot to be with you—and maybe that’s what we’re all doin’. Being with you. Maybe we all love you more than we do other stuff? I don’t know. I just know we’re all a little lost. Nick drinks his sorrows away and I’m professional and Angie writes notes to her son and Qui sneaks coffee when you’re not looking. And Kelly gets out that notebook and writes until her pen seems about to go up in flames.”

“You sing.”

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:16 PM

View Post

*le sigh* :iglitter: if only

#965 Jewel

Jewel

On the roof. Seeking proof.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,174 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:22 PM

View Post

*sigh* I was just thinking about that the other day. That was a lovely, magical moment. I hope so. I miss that fauxhawked fucker and his cute little bod :iglitter:

#966 whip

whip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:32 PM

I'm hoping for a sighting at one of the summer concerts. :iglitter:

When I was at the JNT at MSG, a couple of fangirlies screamed that they saw John. They started to run over to where he was. I couldn't see him and I forced myself to stay in my seat. I just want to admire from afar. Besides, if I got too close to him, I'd turn into a puddle of goo. Not a pretty sight.
There's no place like Clohn.

#967 whome?

whome?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:32 PM

John is quoted in the TV guide issue. I'm reading it from a scan off the CB,

"I know there are times when it is totally overwhelming," says friend and stylist John Dahlstrom. "He likes people. But I've noticed he doesn't like the intensity of people crawling towards him and hands around him, grabbing and screaming. It scares him. He's like, "I"ll give you a hug, but why won't you let go?""

Edited to say....I'm a bit slow, I see. This is already being discussed in the media thread. Oh well....

#968 Wild orchid

Wild orchid

Whimsically strange

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the direct quote, whome.

#969 Jewel

Jewel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,174 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:08 PM

Thank you for posting that here, whome?

I'm perplexed by the whole TV Guide article. Clay comes across as so whiney and depressed and as having isolated himself from the people around him...and yet here is this quote from John, who has been by his side all this time, gone through all of this with him, and clearly understands and loves him. And he acts like he has nothing and no one in his life. And there's John. And how the hell must that make John feel?

#970 hearts4clay

hearts4clay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:19 PM

Jewel! :ewub:

You put into words exactly what is running through my head! I am confused and yes, even angry. There is Dahlstrom, right at Clay's side so loving and supportive and Clay is acting so whiney. My first thought was that they broke up- Clay seems so bitter and already has a realtor. But then there's John still by his side. I just don't get it.
<_<
Being gay isn't a choice- being homophobic is!

#971 justina

justina

Post Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:27 PM

whatever their relationship, im glad clay has a friend who can understand well, some of his problems.

#972 Donna

Donna

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:41 PM

I think John understands why Clay is whiny and unhappy. Maybe John is one of the people who has helped Clay deal with it all. If John had a problem with this he wouldn't still be around.
Look any time a song of his comes on the radio at my house every closet door simultaneously opens ----a random blogger

#973 pensnpaper

pensnpaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:51 PM

I guess I see John less as one of the new LA friends that came along after the fame, and more as someone who has been along for the entire ride.

I have a feeling that he and Clay bonded earlier on during AI...before it was clear that he was on a skyrocket to stardom. They connected before Clay was in any position to "do" anything for John. I think the friendship was there before any sort of professional dealings...and they would share a friendship regardless of what happened after the show.

Yeah, it may be delusional in my world, but that's okay...I like it here.

#974 Donna

Donna

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:59 PM

Pensnpaper I think you are exactly right.
Look any time a song of his comes on the radio at my house every closet door simultaneously opens ----a random blogger

#975 Stonehouse

Stonehouse

Bliss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,528 posts

“You sing.”

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:09 PM

I think, even if they did break up, or had a falling out, or wahtever happened, they still work together, John still loves him. John looks out for him. Maybe Clay just can't see that.

I'm reminded of a fic I'm reading. Clay is with Carried, or was, but she was a total ass to him, but he was blinded and couldn't see. It may be the opposite way now. John and Nick and Mary and Roger and who ever else are there for him, by his side, trying to help. And Clay just can't see it.

He never seemed to me as some one (i just wrote shlong, is that bad?) who would focus on the negative. But he seems to be doing this now. Which is strange, because on his blog he said he had tons of fun that day.

I just don't get what's with him. He doesn't like the crowds, but he loves to tour and constantly does it. He does meet and greets when he doesn't have to. He should stop doing the things that give him anxiety and focus on the things that he loves.

#976 Jewel

Jewel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,174 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:58 PM

I have a feeling that he and Clay bonded earlier on during AI...before it was clear that he was on a skyrocket to stardom.  They connected before Clay was in any position to "do" anything for John.  I think the friendship was there before any sort of professional dealings...and they would share a friendship regardless of what happened after the show.

View Post

I hope you're right about that, and I hope that Clay is expressive enough of his feelings and appreciation of John's friendship that this stuff can roll right off his back.

And I agree with you about the AI bonding. I think it happened quite early on. John probably knows him well enough to be able to decode him, and knows that when Clay says these things, they are out of frustration at other aspects of his life, and are not aimed at him.

#977 shauna021

shauna021

free at last

• Supermod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,234 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:10 PM

There's a lot of people putting John down for his comment. :ewub:

Much love for the Dalhstrom. He's a good guy who takes a lot of shit.

I'm the same way though. I went away and trusted people.. only to find out half of them didn't like me! It's so hard for me to trust people in real life. That's why I hide behind the computer.. I never will meet 90% of the people I talk to yet some are my very best friends. I don't tell my rl friends half the stuff I tell them.

I don't know, I get the feeling they don't really care. How do I know? How do I know they just aren't talking about me behind my back?

Oh... and I think Clay is fine on stage because he has control over a crowd.. much like in a classroom.
10,000 plus and still kickin'

#978 Stonehouse

Stonehouse

Bliss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,528 posts

“You sing.”

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:12 PM

John must be a very strong person. And strong in who he is. He takes Clay's shit and shit from the fans, and probably shit from random people for being gay. I hope that Clay looks to John as a role modle, not as a gay man, but as a strong individual who knows who he is and who loves himself and is happy with life how he's made it.

Or at least that's what John seems like to me.

#979 Donna

Donna

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:53 PM

How do we know that John takes shit from Clay? Clay may be the best and most loyal friend to John. We don't know. But since their friendship seems to have endured for a while I am going to assume that they both treat each other well.

#980 whome?

whome?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:00 AM

How do we know that John takes shit from Clay?

I agree, we don't know this. However, I think it would be safe to say that John takes shit from Clay's fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users